Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Music Makes The World Go Round


So typically whenever I listen to my music I listen to the same songs I've heard hundreds of time already but I still love. I've also been kind of know to really start liking a song months after it's no longer in the top 100 becuase I'm just realizing how great it is. So lately I've been really listening to some of the new music that's creating all the rage these days and I've gotta say, I find myself loving songs I've never really thought I would. 

New Hits

The Band Perry, a group I've never really heard of before and a country group nonetheless and yet I still love their hit 'If I Die Young'. Country typically is not my thing, with a very few amount of exceptions but this song I kind of love.

Hot Challe Rae, not gonna lie all I really knew what that the lead singers brother is Chord Overstreet from the Fox hit Glee. But everyone in Hollywood knows someone in a band so I always figured they would never be big. 'Tonight Tonight' is awesome though, it's more pop then anything but a good pop song never hurt anybody.


Hot Challe Rae-Tonight Tonight

Foster The People, again never heard of them but love 'Pumped Up Kicks'. It's so fun and kind of has the indie sound to it that I just love.

'Price Tag', I heard and never liked it, until one of the contestants on the NBC show The Voice performed it, and I actually listened to the lyrics. It's a good song, now I listen to it at least once a day.

Older Hits, I'm Just Starting To Appreciate

'I Dreamed A Dream', originally from the musical Les Miserables, covered by quite a few others, but what really got my attention was when it was performed on Glee. Again it was the lyrics, never listened to them before, I always just rode it off as some Broadway tune, but the words are great...

"I had a dream my life would be
So different from this hell I'm living
So different now from what it seemed
Now life has killed the dream I dreamed"

...Love it!

Amy Winehouse, I think after her not so surprising death everyone kind of looked to her music again. I know her songs started popping up again on the top 100 and one of my favorites, that I love a million times more then  'Rehab' or 'Valerie' is 'Back To Black'. It's amazing there are no other words to describe it.  


Amy Winehouse-Back To Black

'The Times They Are A-Changin', first heard this Bob Dylan classic on Watchmen, and loved the way it was used, now I listen to it all the time.

Smashing Pumpkins, always was a fan of 'Tonight Tonight' and '1979' but really because I liked the way they sounded. While listening to it in the car a while back my mom said how 'Tonight Tonight' was like one of the best songs ever, and now I'm kind of listening to it nonstop since it's sort of true.

I love music! It's true! I do!

Disclaimer: I do not own any videos or photographs used in this post. All videos and pictures belong to their respective owners.

No comments: