Friday, November 11, 2011

Childhood Flashback! ~A Night at the Roxbury~

So while watching an E! segment called "Movies We Love" recently, I saw a childhood favorite of mine. A Night at the Roxbury, released in 1998, based on a SNL skit, and starring Will Ferrell, Chris Kattan, Molly Shannon, and Colin Quinn. The film is about two idiot brothers who's lives change after getting into the infamous Roxbury club one night. This movie is awesome!

Now, I remember seeing this when I was really little I could have been like around nine, give or take a few years, and I loved it from the very beginning. I'm sure some of you may be slightly appalled by an nine year old watching this movie, but my parents were sure to cover my eyes during all the inappropriate parts (keep in mind these are the same parents who told me I would love Scream (1996) since it was a comedy, LIARS!), and anyway I'm a big girl now and I've already scene the entire thing through and through, so no big deal. But this movie always has and most likely will always make me laugh. 'What is Love', I loved this song forever because of this movie! The moving of the head and the smashing of the windows, all hilarious! The memorable lines; "Your brothers? No... YES!!!!" "And he was like, Emilioo!!!" "You can take away our phones and you can take away our keys, but you can NOT take away our dreams. Yeah, because we're, like, sleeping when we have them." It may just be like most other SNL films, with the dumb plot, and the horrible acting, but no one can ever convince me that this movie is anything other then hysterical!


Disclaimer: I do not own any videos or photographs used in this post. All videos and pictures belong to their respective owners. 

No comments: