Saturday, October 15, 2011

What's on Netflix?



Like almost everyone else in the U.S. I cancelled my Netflix subscription two months ago when they raised the prices. But when I found myself at home more often this month, especially a lot of downtime suffering with a toothache and cold, I decided to go ahead and get the $7.95 service just for my laptop. After all, what goes best while laying in bed with a throbbing tooth and painful headache than a good movie? I sit my laptop down next to me and have enjoyed some seriously good stuff that I either didn't catch while at the theater or even better, I am catching up with some of my most loved shows. This is what I have enjoyed this week:

 Breakfast at Tiffany's


Talk about a feel good movie. I had only watched bits and pieces of this movie and thought I would give it a peek a few days ago. OMG-Audrey Hepburn was so beautiful and in this movie she is so charming and witty and her apartment was so cute. It was funny and really made me forget that I was in so much discomfort.  I can't remember what happened that I only got through half but I want to finish it this weekend. 

Case 39

Case 39 was new to me, I had never even heard of this movie but loved the premise so I sat and watched this in one sitting. What a great suspenseful movie it is! I love that it was not too scary though very suspenseful. Renee Zellweger does a very good job at being the temporary mom to a girl that is not what she seems. Because she is a good actress it made the film good and didn't let it go all cheesy the way so many horror movies do. 

The Housemaid 

The Housemaid looked really interesting and once I read the reviews which were all glowing I decided to watch it even if it was just subtitles. The first few minutes were slow but once the movie kept going it got so good I forgot I was reading. The home and scenes in the movie are stunning and soon you are taken away into this glamorous household where the housemaid works, you see her suffer through some really awful stuff only to die a horrible death. The actors are all amazingly gorgeous and so good with this script. It wasn't just a good looking movie and cast though, the story was good and very well acted. This is one I will want to watch again very soon!

So these are just a few of my Netflix movies for the week. The weekend is ahead of me and I will probably be watching a few more things over these two days. What are you watching on Netflix or do you have some recommendations for me??

No comments: