Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Are You a Social Mom?

I recently found out through a family member and fellow blogger about Social Moms. Social Moms is an online network where moms get together to read, chat, have fun and they even get opportunities to make some money. Since my niece and nephew are now staying with me full time, I consider myself a Mom and have been enjoying being a part of this network. 


I have even taken advantage of three of their blogger opportunities. I didn't meed the requirements for my very first post but already heard back that I qualified on the second and will be getting a $50 payment some time this week. So how do these blogger opps work? Here is a quick example, and remember I am really new to this so I might miss something but I will try to explain as best as I can.

These opps come out all of a sudden, a discussion is started where they will say something like. 
Allstate needs 100 (sometimes 50) bloggers to write about keeping your family safe and secure in case of an accident or death. (this is just an example, but you get the gist).

Then there are rules you have to follow.

1.Write a 400 word post with correct grammar and spelling. No copying, pasting, plagarism or other type of cheating allowed.
2.Add a widget that corresponds to the promotion on the sidebar of your blog, they give you a link where you can grab the code. 
3. Post a disclaimer on the bottom of your post. This disclaimer states that you are blogging for a chance to earn whatever the payment is for the opp and a link to the actual post. 
4. Next is to send a tweet from your Twitter account that includes the #hashtag for that particular promotion.
5. The last step is to post at the bottom of the discussion. The url to your 400 word post, the link to your tweet with hasthag, let them know you posted the disclaimer and the widget.

If you are one of the first 50 or 100 members to qualify with all of the above done correctly, you will get paid in a few weeks. Payments vary from $30 to $50 per opp and I am finding so far that they have anywhere from 2 to 6 per month. As you can see this is a great way to make some extra cash. All three of the opps were about things that I have a lot in common with, insurance, diapers and the last one Lysol. So you don't feel like you are blogging about things that won't match your blog. As the holidays approach I am hoping that they have more opps and that I can take part in as many of them so I can save for gift giving. What about you, are you a Social Mom?

1 comment:

smashbravo said...

I am a member of Social Moms, I discovered them at the beginning of the year and really enjoy being part of their network. I am really enjoying their new points rewards program and just reached a $20 paypal payment for the first time last week. Getting paid for being an active member is great!