Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's Hailing and I am staying in.


It's Saturday morning and it's been raining non stop since late yesterday, temperatures have dropped to below 30 and it's freezing. We live in a small very cozy home that I really love, BUT and this is a pretty big but, the house is over 100 years old and has no heating. Besides a few room heaters there is no other type of heating so waking up on such a chilly day is really hard. It's so cold that instead of rain its been hailing all morning, fine little bits of ice have been falling and I have been laying here listening to the pitter patter of them hitting my bedroom window and door. I actually love the sound of it and have been enjoying it.




Again I spent the week looking for work and going out almost daily to leave new applications, not that I think I will get a job near this town. But it doesn't hurt to try and I am willing to spend the time getting those apps filled out. At least it's been getting me out of the house and made the week go by so fast. But today I am staying home, I just put on the tea kettle and am going to make a yummy hot cocoa with extra marshmallows. I will pair that with some toast and sit here and catch up on following people back. I only got to do half the blogs on Monday and need to finish up. I love all the blogs that I am finding and I will catch myself spending a lot of time reading and getting to know other bloggers. I am having a lot of fun and I think its a great way to socialize without having to leave your house. And on a day like this, leaving is the last thing I want to do, I am going to sit here and enjoy my time off and find more new blogs!
Cheers friends, I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

No comments: