Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I miss it so..........

1024x768 Sea sunset
I come from a beach town where I used to go to the beach all the time. Sometimes I would go just to walk and get some exercise or to hang out with friends, other times I used to go to take my kids to play in the water. On weekends we used to grab the car and drive along the ocean starting in one town all the way almost to the border. All along the way we would stop for coffee and drinks for the kids, we used to marvel at the beauty of the water and all the amazing homes that were nestled all along that long stretch of road. We enjoyed it so much and it was such a part of our lives, it was ingrained in us and in our souls and I think we all thought it would always be there and maybe sometimes we even took it for granted.


Now we only get to the beach a few times a year and it's usually at the end of the day when we've gone out there for an appointment or to visit someone. I can't even remember when the last time the kids actually got to go in the water was. We haven't done our weekend drive in years and I find that my heart missed that beautiful area, that it longs for that stretch of road where we have so many memories. 

3 comments:

ropcorn said...

What an amazing picture! Definitely makes me long for some warmer weather, and a visit to the beach.

I found you through the Mid Week Mingle Blog Hop. :-)

Sumana said...

Following you via Wednesday Skip & Jump Blog Hop. Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/

LivingChicontheCheap said...

Thanks! It took a while to make it to a 1000. :)-

Thanks for the follow. I am now following you as well.

Have a great day!
Jessica